"Καλημερα και καλη εβδομαδα"

Studying at home on the balcony can be productive but every now and then I enjoy going to a cafe and participating a bit more in the local life of the city. I ended up trying a place on the way to the library last week (and never made it there!) and as the owner was so nice I decided to go back. Being at this cafe on a Monday morning was quite the experience. It was fun to observe (I don't think I'll ever get tired of this!) the customers who would come inside, or the locals who would walk by on the street as they all seemed to say the same thing, "Καλημέρα και καλή εβδομάδα" (Good morning/ Good day and have a good week). I can't remember how many times I heard this but it was definitely a great way to start the week (which of course starts on Monday here, like in most European countries!). Just one of those simple, everyday, local experiences that I couldn't but help being grateful to have witnessed! :)
Another coffee spot near the library! This one has bougatsa, a specialty from Thessaloniki :)

Comments

Popular Posts